Describe the types of failure that may occur in an Oracle Database
- Statement: a lack o f privileges, a lack of space can cause a statement failure
- User process: an abnormal termination of user session -> PMON clean-up
- User error: a user that drops a table or delete same records
- Instance: when the instance shuts down without synchronizing all the database files to the same system change number (SCN), requiring a recovery operation the next time the instance is started. Oracle automatically performs instance recovery using online redo logs and undo data.
- Media: is any type of failure that results in the loss of one or more database files.